Mr. Amos Andama
Mr. Amos Andama
To undertake a career progression in institutionsto realize their corporate goals and objectives through offering a professional service with acquired skills and knowledge.
- Responsible, confident, able to work on own initiative and as part of team, excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, a social and hard working individual, who is willing to learn and master new skills.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good legal, negotiation, legal, advocacy, prosecution, logistical, administration, corporate and management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with different climatic conditions and able to run a legal office.
- Hardworking, able to put in long hours with minimal supervision,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, awareness and public speaking skills at all cadre levels
- Good research, analytical, data management and report writing skills with good and computer applicability,
- Excellent customer care, resource mobilization, government relations and planning
- Effective time management with ability of meeting strict deadlines and ensuring accuracy.
- Good technological proficiency, registry, documentation and judicial processes skills.
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Legal Practice, 2014 to 2015,
- Uganda Christian University (Mukono),Bachelor of Laws, 2007 to 2010,
- Ntinda View College, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, 2004 to 2006,
- Ntinda View College, Uganda Certificate of Education, 2000 to 2003,
WORK EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
Partner, Kiplenge & Kurgat Advocates, Nakuru, Jan 2019 to date
- Leadership of the firm in terms of the motivation of associates and support staffs.
- Follow-through on the firms goals to get them accomplished.
- Day-to-day management oversight for the firm.
- Supervision of the office manager or administrator if there is one, and/or supervision of the clerical and accounting staff.
- Training and supervision of associates.
- Coordination and direction of marketing efforts and relations with firm clients.
Associate Advocate, Kiplenge & Kurgat Advocates, Nakuru, April 2016 to Jane 2019,
- Attending to client legal cases and representing clients in the Court of Law.
- Drafting pleadings and responses of assigned legal cases;
- Conducting legal research and preparing notes for lead Advocates;
- Providing conveyance transaction and documentation.
Legal Assistant, Office of the Director of Public Prosecution, 2015 to February 2016
- Accompanying solicitors and/or prosecutors to court and organize client meetings,
- Learning and ensuring registry roles,
- Conducting legal research and attending the Trials,
- Participating in Q&A with current Law Students about studying and transitioning into a professional legal environment
Legal Assistant, Kania & Alli Advocates and Solicitors, 2010 to 2012,
- Providing legal and administrative support for the firm
- Drafting legal memoranda and client correspondences,
- Interviewing clients for case intake, scheduling meetings with clients and organizing other office operations.
- Writing legal memoranda and drafting complaints, Registering companies and other commercial entities.
Legal Intern, Manzi, Odama & Co. Advocates, 2009 to 2010,
- Scheduling meetings with clients,
- Writing legal memoranda and preparing demand letters
- Interviewing clients for case intake and acting as correspondence,
- Performing legal research
- Assisted in clearing prosecuting cases that had taken over decades to be completed in the Course.
- Gained hand on skills on judicial process and government relations,
- Understood the private and public practice systems of law profession in Kenya,
- Improved documentation preparation and registry skills.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Playing soccer, writing poetry, reading general literature and voluntarism