Mr. Owen Mutai Kiprotich
Mr. Owen Mutai Kiprotich
I am an organized individual, industrious and pro-active. I believe in accountability, professionalism, fairness, justice and team work. I am also hard working, respectful and punctual. I am able to work under pressure with minimal supervision as long as clear instructions and a conducive work environment are provided.
To work in a challenging environment which calls for the application of concepts, theories and principles learnt. I aim to do my best and utilize the opportunities given to me to contribute to the development of my nation. I seek to deliver quality services to the community through the training, concepts and skills that I have acquired from academic work experience in the course of my career.
ABILITY AND SKILLS :
- Proficiency in computer in managing files, document production, electronic communication and power point.
- I have strong analytical skills especially in legal matters.
- I also have brilliant research skills.
- I possess excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- I am able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Helping the less fortunate in the society.
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Hiking and enjoying the beauty of nature.
2016–2017 KENYA SCHOOL OF LAW Advocates Training Programme
2012- 2015 KABARAK UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B)
2011-2012 DALC EDUCATION Information Communication Technology
2008-2011 FRIENDS SCHOOL KAMUSINGA Kenya Certificate of Secondary School Education
1998-2007 KERICHO PRIMARY SCHOOL Kenya Certificate of Primary School Education
- From the 27th of June 2018 to date I have been working as an Advocate at the firm of Kiplenge & Kurgat Advocates based in Nakuru with a branch in Narok where I have been putting to use and sharpening my skills and abilities to solve legal disputes and contribute to our country’s legal Jurisprudence through litigation.
- From 15th August 2017 to 29th June 2018 I was retained by the firm of Kiplenge & Kurgat Advocates to work under the capacity of Trainee Advocate where I continued to learn and sharpen my skills in legal drafting, research skills, communication skills, client care, analytical thinking and other such necessary skills in Civil and Criminal Litigation.
- From 18th January 2017 to 14th August 2017 I worked for the firm of Kiplenge & Kurgat as an apprentice under the Advocate’s Training Programme where I learned the business of being an advocate of the High Court of Kenya under the instruction of Juma Kiplenge EBS.
- I am an agri-business entrepreneur. From 10th January 2014 to January 2016 I established and managed a poultry business where I reared broilers, indigenous chicken as well as hybrid chicken. At this point I learnt skills necessary in marketing, sales, basic book keeping, budgeting, human resource management and day to day management of a business.
- From 15th May to December 2015 I worked part time as a research assistant to Janet Kamene where I used my research skills, knowledge and training in Information Communication Technology to draft articles and research on numerous topics within specified deadlines.
- From 17th September 2013 to December 20th 2013 I was an intern at Kericho Law Court under the Judicial Clinical Programme at Kabarak University. Upon successful completion of my internship, I was hired by the Judiciary on a contract basis to read, analyze, summarize and digitize all of the court’s case files since the station’s establishment.